The River Corridor would look very different today if River Fields did not exist. Very different.
Here are just a few ways you have made a difference by supporting River Fields:
- A sand and gravel company with barges loading on the River would have been close to West Point, one of the oldest towns in Kentucky and a critical Civil War fort.
- A strip mall and a two-story glass and steel used car lot would be on River Road between Zorn Avenue and Mockingbird Valley Road.
- Garvin Brown Preserve would not exist.
- A coal-processing plant could have been situated on the River between Beargrass Creek and Zorn Avenue.
- Over 2,200 acres would be open for development.
Your generous support will enable us to:
- Lead land conservation and historic preservation in the river corridor
- Apply for accreditation
- Increase stewardship of over 2,200 acres, preserved forever
The positive outcome of our endeavors will remain long after we are gone —and the river will still be here, giving future generation’s fresh water, beauty, strength and a sense of place.
Donate at any level and you’ll become a River Fields member giving you access to our newsletters, invitations to special events, and first dibs on our tours and volunteer days. No matter how you choose to give, you’ll receive prompt acknowledgment and gratitude for your gift. Donate today!
We appreciate monthly giving because it lets us project with a little more certainty expected future funds and it can make giving easier for you. Give monthly!
There’s always a project needing assistance around here. To find out how you can help and to get on our volunteer list, please email us. We always need a little more help!
It’s easy to make a gift of stock to River Fields—and there are big benefits to you. A gift of appreciated stock allows you to make a larger contribution than a cash donation; it also helps you save on taxes. If you have any questions or need additional help with your stock transfer, please email Vanessa Castle.